Saturday, April 4, 2009

Over Before It Started

The majority of seniors have played their last collegiate game and as the NCAA commercials inform us, "out of the 380,000 student athletes, most of them go pro in something other than sports." Lucky me huh? Well I know one of those student athletes that will go pro in basketball...the AP Player of the Year Mr. Blake Griffin...however, whatever the number of million dollars his first contract is worth, I will remember him for ruining my 2009 NCAA bracket. There is always someone I trust in to bring home the chip and unfortunately, I haven't guessed that person correct since Mateen Cleaves. The fault does not fall entirely on Griffin, I actually lost more points on Memphis going out so early and Wake Forest blowing it like a $2 hooker.

So my bracket was over before it started...I have no final four teams in my facebook bracket, one in my paper bracket (Michigan State) and one in my ESPN bracket (Villanova) but don't have either of those teams winning. Therefore I am watching the rest of these games for the pure excitement of competition (although if Michigan State and North Carolina both win tonight, Holly will have miraculously beat all of my teammates out here in our pool and bring home a few hundred euro...What do you say Magic Johnson? What do you say Mateen Cleaves?) More than anything, I'm rooting for the state of Michigan to profit off this tournament. Having visited over the summer, it sure could use a little economic boom right about now...Let's Go State

No comments:

Post a Comment