Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson...the Best Ever

After concentrating my undergraduate studies in "how the media works" I understand the need and attraction to publicize all the "bad stuff" that is attributed to Michael Jackson's life. But if he is forever remembered for his Never Never Land, Skin Color Change, Repeated Nose Jobs, Little Boy Touching and his pet monkey Bubbles...then our country should be ashamed of itself.

When it came to making music, I don't care how old you are, you can't deny his songs were iconic. He had Swag before we knew what Swag was. He was the only person I ever knew of to have people faint upon meeting him. He was what Obama and Tiger Woods are for the African American community before those guys, and he was what Elvis and The Beatles were to music well after those guys.Yesterday, the world lost a legend, but as I play Smooth Criminal as I type this, I am happy that one day my kids will read about him in their history books. RIP Michael Jackson...you will be missed

No comments:

Post a Comment