Thursday, March 19, 2009

Time For Madness


Now that my BAC is back down to where it should be following a wild St. Patty's Day, I'm on my way to the Getrankmarkt (drink market) for a couple of six-packs to get me through the best 4-day weekend of the year. The Madness is approaching...and since I was deprived of all of the action last year (being out here with no access to American Television), it's going to make the next few weeks that much more exciting.

Minus the 4 hours a day that I have to practice, my body will be in a complete state of ROT. My friend Basford wrote the best description of what March Madness means to him during last years tournament, and although the likes and dislikes are definitely different, the Homer Simpson ass-groove on the couch will be exactly the same.

Even though I'm not a fan of the Big 12 or of Oklahoma, I'm looking forward to seeing Blake Griffin cut down the nets in Detroit this year...I just think that people preach teamwork all the time in this game, and although he is, hands down, the best player in college basketball...he also has the ability to make his teammates better...and that should be rewarded. Let's Go SOONERS

No comments:

Post a Comment