Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Wish I Could Read Every Book In The World


Reading is FUNdamental and I'm always down for a good spoof...but this blog is more to praise the book I just finished reading...my friend Alena lent me the book Push by Sapphire and I just got through it. It was an easy read and one that I couldn't turn away from. Without giving too much away, it's about a 16 year old girl who comes from a broken home...father rapes her, mother beats her, and she's illiterate. They just came out with a movie based on the book a while back...and I know I'm a little late but it was entirely too good to not blog about. With all the stupid/ pointless/ funny blogs I write, this one hit home a little and I'd recommend the book to anyone interested in a "different story." I'm looking forward to seeing the movie too.





Do What You Do      Hallelujah Hollaback      ...blackhercules21...

2 comments:

  1. Just order the book at amazon.Thanks for the blog and looking forward to watch the movie as well but since I am in germany ... lol

    ReplyDelete