Thursday, October 22, 2009

And With The First Pick: Part VI

No matter what I've ever told you, or ever written, those who know me best know I'm no thug. No gangbanger, no tough guy, just regular old Jason. I grew up (14years) in the Bronx but went to the best schools and wasn't involved in a "streetlife" so to speak. However, when I moved up to the suburbs for highschool, things were definitely different, and I needed to "go back to the streets" for college. By streets I mean the West Village of Manhattan. Not as hood as it gets, but definitely more urban than where I was at. The same holds true for being in Germany. This town is far from the hood (which is a good thing) but every summer it's imperitive I get back to "the streets" I grew up in (and to do nothing besides play high level streetball tournaments).


Having said that, it's about time my teammates thought outside the box and brought their GM skills out to "the streets." Why wouldn't I end this series where it all began for me? The streets of New York baby. For the last team, these guys needed to pick a streetball team to compete and the famed Rucker Park. Obviously you want to win the game, but sometimes out at the Rucker, it's about putting on a show. Think the NBA all-star game, flashy dunks and moves to get the crowd on your side, then real competition in the last five minutes with the score knotted at 127. Out of these three squads...

Team A
1) Chris Paul
2) Jamal Crawford
3) Tracy McGrady
4) Amare Stoudemire
5) Dwight Howard


Team B
1) Baron Davis

2) Kobe Bryant

3) Carmelo Anthony

4) Blake Griffin

5) Kevin Garnett



Team C


1) Allen Iverson

2) Dwayne Wade

3) Lebron James

4) Kenyon Martin

5) Shaquille O'Neal

...WHO IS GOING TO BE NAMED KING OF THE STREETS???


Do What You Do      Hallelujah Hollaback      ...blackhercules21...

No comments:

Post a Comment