Friday, September 25, 2009

I Want A Pager


Well, not really, but do you remember the days when pagers were the sh*t? I think I was in 6th grade when everyone in New York city was getting a pager...except me that was. I had the bubble gum case shaped like a pager and I pretended to be cool. I still think pagers were a great concept though. A little more instant than calling and leaving a message at the house, but nothing too overwhelming.



Obviously, next came the cell phone. I'm not talking the ones you can fit in your pocket either, you remember those Zach Morris cell phones that were bigger than a brick right? Again, wasn't cool enough or important enough to have one of those, but my dad let me use his pager sometimes. It was pointless too because I never had a quarter to call someone back from the payphone, but maaaan did I love the look of it.


So then, around highschool, the cell phones got advanced. All my friends were chirping with each other or AIMing from their Sidekicks. But me, absolutely not. I brought my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X to class one day and immediately realized if I ever wanted to have a friend I would have to burn that phone, along with my orange sweatpants.



Saying all of that to say, now that the G1 and iPhones are getting popular, I decided to go ahead and purchase a blackberry curve. Yeah the 8310. At least I'm closing the gap though...I'll be there one day.


PS For anyone who has a blackberry...hit me up with your pin

Do What You Do      Hallelujah Hollaback      ...blackhercules21...
"Mr. Telephone Man
There's something wrong with my line
When I dial my baby's number
I get a click every time"
--New Edition- Mr Telephone Man

No comments:

Post a Comment